Thursday 31 January 2008

Tangent: Teacher's teeth

Laughing-teeth

I had a lovely teacher in Standard five. His name was Mr Salamon and he was about 5' 2" inches tall ( if that!). He had a loose set of false teeth which wobbled when he talked, making him spit at anyone sitting in the front row.
One day he was giving us a Geography lesson, when the blackboard on the easel behind him toppled forward, hitting him on the back of his head, and ejecting his false teeth on to the carpet in front of him.
Without any hesitation, ignoring the giggles erupting from the room, he calmly picked them up, wiped them off with a spotlessly clean handerchief, placed them back into his mouth and carried on with the lesson.
What a gentlemen, what a star.
I loved him from that day and forever more.

I have a few small dentures in my mouth, but thank goodness they aren't loose and don't make me spit.