Wednesday 11 July 2007

Picnic Pleasure

the-fucked-up

That was a day everyone would remember and keep reminding me about in later years. I myself have no memory of it as I was probably only about 14 months old, and newly toddling. I know this as I have a picture somewhere of Terence walking me around carefully clutching my hand. Ma and Dad and Auntie Doris and Uncle Aurthur and us two kids went off to Boksburg Lake for a picnic. They lived on a big farm outside Pretoria, and I was never very fond of Arthur. He had a rough, crude,cruel, sardonic, no downright sarcastic form of wit, which always cut me to the quick when I was older.All I know about that day, was that I ruined it, little ole me, hardly even walking, got an eruption of measles (and presumably a temperature) and the picnic had to be cancelled and everyone left. Whenever I was reminded of this, I used to think 'so what?' and I still do!