Tuesday 31 July 2007

Feline fear


Naturally I used to sleep over at Cilla and Cinny very often, but they never slept at me. Ma declared it a nuisance. We used to have 'midnight feasts' and chatter late into the nights.They had a menagerie of animals, cats, dogs, chickens, hamster, birds, and a rabbit. I was never fond of cats, just didn't trust them. I used to share a bed with one of my friends, sleeping head to feet, and one night their favourite cat came into the room and plonked herself at the end of our bed, staring at me in the dark. I started feeling quite anxious, and tried to turn over to avoid her luminescent green eyes. Just then she shrieked and dug her sharp claws into me. The worst part about the whole episode is that the girls just carried on sleeping, oblivious to my mounting terror. I spent the rest of the night watching her, curled up on the end of the bed, sleeping peacefully of course. Since that night, I am terrified of cats, and find them spiteful, malevolent and nasty. A bit like some women I know!