Tuesday 31 July 2007

Elvis Presley

When we reached our teens, my best friend, Priscilla, was absolutely nuts about Elvis. She got a monthly subscription to a movie magazine which came all the way from America ( we had no TV in those days). We used to read it over and over and again and again till the next one arrived. When she found out that Elvis was going to the Army, she cried a lot. But when we first saw him in his sexy uniform, she cheered up considerably. But when the news came that he had met Priscilla, she was inconsolable. Fair, enough, he had chosen well, another Priscilla, but she was gorgeous, cute, young and over there!!! When they married I thought she was going to die. She mourned for weeks and that's all she talked about ad nauseum. I of course was just as much a fan of Elvis,I had to be to remain her friend, but secretly I preferred Pat Boone!!